Perfect for meal prepping, as they store really well, these jars are packed full of nutrients, flavour, fibre and are super easy to make. Feel free to omit the bits you don't like and swap them for something else, but I find this flavour combo works really well!
You'll need 4 decent sized jars (I use what ever we have from the recycling pile, they don't need to be fancy).
1 cup of cooked Quinoa
1 cup of water
500 grams of lean mince (turkey, beef or chicken), or tofu if you'd prefer!
1/2 jar of Salsa
2 Avocado (peeled and diced)
1 cup of Cherry Tomatoes (chopped)
1 cup of Baby Spinach (chopped)
1 tin of Black Beans (well rinsed)
1 cup of Corn Kernels
1 cup of Capsicum (diced)
1 Lime (juiced)
Few green bits of spring onion sliced
3 teaspoons of Cumin powder
3 teaspoons of Coriander powder
Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
1 tablespoon of Ghee
1. Place water and quinoa in a saucepan on high heat and bring to the boil. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer for around 12 minutes (or until all water is absorbed). Fluff with a fork and set aside.
2. Heat ghee in a frying pan and fry off your mince or tofu, season with cumin and coriander powder and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Ingredients can be layered as you wish, however this is my preferred order
- Meat, quinoa, salsa, beans, corn, capsicum, tomatoes, spring onion, avocado with a squeeze of lime juice and baby spinach on top.
4. Seal and place in the fridge until you are ready to eat.
5. When ready, give it a good shake and place in a bowl!
Let us know what you think!